Monday, January 22, 2007

Oscars goes to...

Tomorrow morning, at the FANTASTIC hour of 8:38 am, oscars nominations will be announced. Why FANTASTIC? Because I usually wake up at 8:30, get in the shower at 8:45 to leave for work at 9:15.
Therefore, 8:38 is the time when I'm finally awake and usually checking my emails (eagerly awaiting every morning the blogspot email announcing the number of comments I received during the night. I then proceed to cry a few minutes and go wash my shame in the above-mentionned shower at 8:45) - but not tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll be watching the nominations, probably on CNN - Headline News, the only Network to carry that kind of stuff.
Yes, that's how addicted I am to the Oscars, and awards stuff in general.

Anyhow, let's get to it: here are my thoughts on who's gonna be nominated tomorrow. Bear in mind who's nominated and who deserves it is totally different. I'll stick to the main categories, and we'll see how I do.

Best Picture

Dreamgirls
Babel
The Queen
Little Miss Sunshine
Letters from Iwo Jima

The first three here are sure bets. I'm pretty confident LMS will be in too, the independent vibe attracts the academy.
Letters from Iwo Jima is usually considered a foreign language movie (it's in Japanese) and my gut tells me the academy wants Clint Eastwood in the main category. Like two years ago, the winner will be between Scorsese and Eastwood. But this time, Scorsese wins.

Best Actor

Forest Whitaker
Leonardo DiCaprio
Sacha Baron Cohen
Ryan Gosling
Peter O'toole

Will Smith will be snubbed, Borat is in, so is Ryan Gosling for the indie acclained "Half Nelson". Other possibility: Ken Watanabe for Letters, in place of Gosling or O'toole. Oh, and Forest is gonna win. No doubt.

Best Actress

Ellen Mirren
Meryl Streep
Kate Winslet
Penelope Cruz
Judi Dench

Regular Crowd here. Ellen Mirren wins (duh!)

More later. Maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could have watched it on NBC Today too ;-)