Thursday, February 21, 2008

Awesome, I fucking shot that!!!

As some of you know, I was tapped last summer by Michel Gondry to be one of the shooter, during Daft Punk Alive 2007 Tour.
The point was to shoot their Brooklyn concert with an amateur dv camera, from the crowd. More than 100 of us were there, and it was to be edited by Michel into a double-DVD of the concert shot "a la youtube".

Turns out, the final result is a music video for "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger", one of Daft Punk's most popular piece, and it's listed as directed by Olivier Gondry, Michel's own brother (and director of the famous HP's commercials).

Well, here it is. It's pretty freaking awesome:



Of course, I would be incapable of telling you what I shot myself and what was shot by others, but what the hell. It feels great to be part of such a huge project.

Finally, let me remind you that Michel Gondry's new movie, "Be Kind Rewind", featuring Jack Black and Mos Def, is out in the US tomorrow. The idea, as always with Gondry, is incredibly original, and if what the trailer promises holds true, it's gonna be a blast.



Finally, for you NYers out there, there's an exhibition at the Deitch Gallery in Soho where you can re-shoot your own movie, Be Kind-style. Check it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely too late, but I would have loved to see this exhibition!!